Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't marry those men who take Dowry

Lightbulb Don't marry those men who take Dowry

I would like to share my views about the status of women in our country - INDIA.The inequalities between Men and Women are only man made. There is no difference between them. Upliftment of women leads to the upliftment of our country.

Dowry ( Dahej ) system has to be prohibited. It is the youth of the present generation who can change the situation. All the men of India should go for dowry less marriages. Sometimes even the educated men take dowry which is considered as a crime. Then what is the use of education ???

Dowry is prohibited by an act in the year 1961, but no one follows this.Why should bride's parents pay money to the groom ? is the groom a cheap thing in a shop to buy him.All the Girls of our country should not marry the men who take dowry."Awake , arise and stop not till the goal is achieved " said swami Vivekanand Ji.

Indian Girls , Indian Women , Indian Ladies

Don't Marry those men who take dowry !

Jai Hind !!!
    Last edited by sara21; 24-10-2008 at 04:40 AM.

A person gives his daughter and also pays for her.this simply means that the boys family wont be able to feed and keep the girl.the girl should give the boys family some money for the charity sake

Dowry became a ritual in our country.People follow it as custom and think it as a very important aspect of any marriage.few people are exceptions who consider it as useless custom and fight against it.

Default the other side

Quote Originally Posted by seema_parihaar View Post
    Dowry became a ritual in our country.People follow it as custom and think it as a very important aspect of any marriage.few people are exceptions who consider it as useless custom and fight against it.
    One of my friend (female) recently (it has been one year) got married, this was a love marriage without any trouble. Everything went well for 4 months and after that she herself demanded things like vehicle, refregerator etc. and above all a flat from her parents. Its not only that boy's family demands dowry many times such demands are quitely supported by girls themselves and they only resist when they themselves start getting effected after their family refuses to cough out any more.

Cool Not practical..

Its a great irony that still in our country marriages are fixed by all people who are not actually involved in it (i mean not by the couple themselves).. so dowry is gonna rule..
    If a Bride says I wont give -> she wont get married
    If a Groom says I wont take (this is wost) -> ppl doubt him, think he may be defective

Default What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by kousikmca View Post
    Its a great irony that still in our country marriages are fixed by all people who are not actually involved in it (i mean not by the couple themselves).. so dowry is gonna rule..
    If a Bride says I wont give -> she wont get married
    If a Groom says I wont take (this is wost) -> ppl doubt him, think he may be defective
    My sister is going to get married in November this year, my sister likes the man and the man likes my sister, only problem is 12 Lakh asked as dowry by his parents which I need to cough out as my father can not and I can (I am working at a senior position in an IT company so I can). If I say no, it will definitely annoy my family and my sister will not like it a bit, she will think I don't love/care for her. If I agree to pay I will come back to ground zero with no financial security. Any girl ready with a solution?

No one in my family or our extended family take dowry

Its shameful to ask for dowry but if it is given as a gift then i think its ok

Quote Originally Posted by amitkriit View Post
    One of my friend (female) recently (it has been one year) got married, this was a love marriage without any trouble. Everything went well for 4 months and after that she herself demanded things like vehicle, refregerator etc. and above all a flat from her parents. Its not only that boy's family demands dowry many times such demands are quitely supported by girls themselves and they only resist when they themselves start getting effected after their family refuses to cough out any more.

WOW thats NOT a bad idea...even i am going to do the same thing, keep asking for expensive and exotic items

Quote Originally Posted by amitkriit View Post
    My sister is going to get married in November this year, my sister likes the man and the man likes my sister, only problem is 12 Lakh asked as dowry by his parents which I need to cough out as my father can not and I can (I am working at a senior position in an IT company so I can). If I say no, it will definitely annoy my family and my sister will not like it a bit, she will think I don't love/care for her. If I agree to pay I will come back to ground zero with no financial security. Any girl ready with a solution?

hmm...ok I think I've got a solution. Hoping that your sister is NOt amrried yet.

Instead of giving 12 lakhs as Cash. Create a portfolio something like NSC or LIC policy worth Rs.12 lakhs wherein you can pay on a yearly basis.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast