Consumer Protection Act was enacted with the view to provide protection to the consumers. The Act, ensures certain rights to the consumers. These are:
• Right to be protected against the marketing of goods and services which are hazardous to life and property
• Right to be informed about the quality, quantity, potency, purity, standard and price of goods or services so as to protect the consumer against unfair trade practices.
• Right to be assured , wherever possible , access to a variety of goods and services at competitive prices
• Right to be heard and to be assured that consumers' interests will receive due consideration at appropriate forums
• Right to seek redressal against unfair trade practices and unscrupulous exploitation of consumers
• Right to consumer education.